Topical Issues on Dilapidations
The issues discussed include:
- Common law damages, s.18 Landlord and Tenant Act and Ruxley Electronics. Has Ruxley made any difference to the manner in which damages for dilapidations should be assessed, and does it matter in practice?
- 'Supercession': does it mean anything, and if so what?
- Recovering the costs of repairs via services charges: how, in practice, should matters such as the length of term be factored in?
- Assessing damages for disrepair by reference to the monetary sums which a reasonable landlord and a reasonable tenant would have negotiated to discharge the tenant's obligations: a permissible approach?
- Interest and costs: any special factors in dilapidations claims
Upon successful completion of the accompanying quiz and feedback, practitioners may claim CPD hours as indicated on our CPD Information page.
|SPEAKER(S):||Edward Peters, Elizabeth Fitzgerald|
|DATE:||Recorded Wednesday 13 June 2012|
|CPD HOURS:||1.5 hours|
|PRICE:||£75.00 + VAT|
Access for 1 month to:|
• View the content and complete the CPD quiz
• Download the transcript, audio recording and slides (where available)