Assessment of Damages in Personal Injury Cases
There are a number of key considerations when preparing to advise your clients in relation to assessment of damages for personal injury claims. In addition, there are a number of other areas that can be often overlooked or can be complex and confusing, but also need to be taken into account.
Explore the key considerations, as well as discussion of related areas and take with you a framework to assist you to prepare your advice in relation to and to deal with assessment of damages for personal injury claims.
The initial key considerations:
- Ogden 7 - the legal landscape in 2012
- Ogden 7 vs Smith & Manchester - two sides of the same coin?
- The implications for damages and costs following CA's decision in Simmons v Castle
Unravel the additional considerations:
- Loss of chance in relation to earnings
- Important considerations in relation to gratuitous care and assistance, including rates
- Treatment of collateral benefits
- Provisional damages
Upon successful completion of the accompanying quiz and feedback, practitioners may claim CPD hours as indicated on our CPD Information page.
|SPEAKER(S):||Jamie Clarke, Colm Nugent|
|DATE:||Recorded Monday 10 September 2012|
|CPD HOURS:||1.5 hours|
|PRICE:||£75.00 + VAT|
Access for 1 month to:|
• View the content and complete the CPD quiz
• Download the transcript, audio recording and slides (where available)